Group Text! app for iPhone and iPad
3600 ratings )
Current version: 3.4
, last update: 11 months ago
First release : 21 Jun 2010
App size: 8.69 Mb
With Group Text! you can easily send mass texts (on iPhone) or mass iMessages (on all devices) to groups, to handpicked set of contacts or to distribution lists. Once you create a list, you no longer have to select contacts one-by-one for a group message. Simply tap on the list or group name and you are ready to send! And if you need to send the same message many times, just save it as a template and pick it later to auto populate the text of your message. You can also easily attach a photo (iOS7 required), the address and maps link of the current or a selected position and contacts information.
Group Text! uses your text plan to send messages and replies are received on the Messages application as usual or uses the iMessages service depending on your settings.
With the Share Extension (iOS8 required), access Group Text! while youre using other apps to share content easily.
Users guide available on the web site www.redbits.com. If in doubt, send an email to support ! We reply to every request the same day.
- send mass text messages / iMessages
- easy and quick interface
- use address book groups;
- handpick set of contacts from address book
- select / deselect single recipients in groups and lists
- create and manage distribution lists from address book or manually entering recipients information
- optionally create and use message templates
- insert photos (iOS7 required)
- insert contact information in message text
- insert the current location (address and maps link) in message text
- insert a picked location (address and maps link) in message text
- send in batches
- personalized texts when sending in batches of one recipient at a time
- setting to show all or only mobile numbers
- setting to show email addresses (for iMessage)
- alert manager to schedule up to 60 one shot or recurring alerts with pre-set lists/group and text; when an alert fire send a message with only a couple taps (in-app purchase)
- optional char counter with total used chars, size of the texts, number of the texts and remaining chars before an additional text is required.
- save or load recipients from / to csv documents
- exchange csv documents by E-Mail or iTunes
- print lists
- works on iPhone, iPad or iPod (iPad and iPod can only send iMessages)
- visually impaired users can fully control the app with VoiceOver+
- landscape support
- uses iCloud to sync lists and templates to all your devices
Note: the app cant use your existing groups when syncing with Exchange. You can however create lists in the app and use them.
IMPORTANT NOTE :
Check the FAQ to verify the settings to use when sending to large groups.
Pros and cons of Group Text! app for iPhone and iPad
Group Text! app good for
Exactly what I was looking for. Needed an app to send mass txts to clients to remind them of appointments, and it does the job perfectly!!
Works like a charm - just like the group email app. Both are well worth it. Highly recommend!
Seriously, this is gonna kill bbm!! Group message rocks, especially now that its on the iPhone!! Tell your friends to switch... The iPhone basically has everything now & its only gonna get better!!
I am fully satisfied, its working exactly same as promised. I have tried this for sending messages to 200 contacts.
Exactly what I was looking for. I havent tried it yet, but it looks like you can add email contacts by turning them on in the settings, despite a bad review above stating that you cannot.
Use this app as a means of updating our slo-pitch team all at once. Have not had any complaints and it does the job for me. Took time to figure out where things are to easily edit lists but now is smooth sailing, thank you!
Some bad moments
I was lead to believe this would work for emails but it only does text messages
This app does not work for my 4Gs
I downloaded it to use it for the birth announcement of my son today but nobody received the SMS :(
I ended up using Message, so this was big waste of $
This app might be ok if it had the option of making different contact groups that you could regularly send texts to without recreating the group each time. Almost useless to me without that.
Well my texts were received but I heard from other iPhone users that my incoming text made their iPhone crash.. How embarrassing as I specifically bought this app for contacting my clients.. Luckily theyre so understanding..
installed this yesterday - work as a paramedic, sent a text out for shift coverage (27 people)... was an absolute failure. not only did many people not receive the message, they DID however receive the reply from an initial recipient which left them completely confused. ridiculous. will be seeking a refund.
I am the contact person for our non profit dance school we send out frequent texts to let our members know about everything going on. Not only do half of the members not receive the message it shows on my phone that it was sent to them so I dont even realize they didnt get it.
mass text message,
and other. So, download free Group Text! .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually Group Text! iOS app used & searched for